It's all done! I'm so happy to say it's over, and that it went very well.
I was so nervous before hand. It wasn't as though I was sitting around thinking, "I am so nervous." My body let me know just how nervous I was via terrible heartburn, bloating, indigestion, and sleeplessness. It amazes me how emotions can manifest in your body like that.
Well, the entire procedure was cake. The hospital staff was wonderful, and of course I love my doctor. She came in before the procedure and was briefly explaining what she was about to do, saying, "We're going to remove this polyp and clean things up in there, we're going to wait two periods so that your uterus can heal completely, then we're going to have babies, lots of dirty diapers, and eventually college tuition payments!" I love her!
The anesthesia hit me pretty hard, and I was sick to my stomach and majorly loopy for a while, but other than that, I felt pretty good. Today, I feel great. I am going to force myself to rest though (it's soooo hard to force myself to do nothing all day :) ) and just take it easy for the weekend so that I can be back to work on Monday.
When Dr. Levin came to talk to Sean about the procedure, she said that the polyp she removed was actually quite large and that it had most likely been growing in there for years. She said there was no way I was ever going to get pregnant with that in there. I have been thanking God for all the little decisions and circumstances that led me to Dr. Levin's office because it may never have been found and taken care of so quickly without her.
Sean was an absolute angel throughout all of this too. He's been amazing. He said that I haven't been myself since I found out there was something going on, not totally crazy or anything, just not quite myself. I hope now I can really put this behind me and feel better. I want to be a good wife and partner for him. He made me and my parents dinner last night (it was sooo good) and he had some flowers sent to me! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.
My mom and dad came over and brought me some beautiful tulips, and a delicious chocolate pie, and stayed and visited for a while. It was nice to see them and have their support. After they left I went to bed, and just woke up not long ago. A great, long, sleep was just what I needed after three nights of terrible sleep!
Now, to catch up on some tivoed CBS Sunday Morning News and a nice cup of coffee! I'm looking forward to today- and to the next few months. You never know... I could be pregnant by the summer! But if I'm not it's OK. I'm just going to enjoy easier periods with less cramping! :)
Green Denim Divided Basket & Diaper Pouch
4 years ago

YAY!!! Im so glad it went so well and that you're feeling good! Just imagining you gettig pregnant soon is sooooo exciting!! I'm so glad you found out what was wrong and got it taken care of! Yay for future dirty diapers! =)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everything went so well! Hope you're getting good rest this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad it went so very well, I knew it would. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHave peace and the next few months will pass so easily and wonderfully.
*hugs*
I'm so glad to read that it went well! Bring on the babies!
ReplyDeleteYippee! I was wondering how things went. I hope you're feeling back to normal soon!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything went well! I'm hoping that was the issue and the babies are soon to be on their way.
ReplyDelete~~HUGS~~
FYI - my little word for the write in for that last post was "happi" - can't be a fluke, right?!
ReplyDelete