Monday, March 2, 2009

My Uterus

I found out today that (warning any men who may be reading this. Ha! Right! My own husband doesn't read my blog!) terrible, knock you out, heinous periods that last forever, and then never really go away... not normal.

I went to the gyno last week and described what I thought was my own personal blessing, and she suggested an ultrasound to see if all is well. I had my ultrasound today. (Feeling for you pregos out there- who knew you could get a better picture by using a clever little wand. Hm. That was an experience.)

Truly, I thought that Dr. Levin would say that I am just an annoying, whiny bitch and I needed to woman up. But no. She said I have a fibroid. And in a couple of weeks, I will be getting that little sucker biopsied and then, most likely, getting it all sucked out in an outpatient surgery.

Here's my summary of Dr. Levin's spiel:

1. Fibroids cause terrible periods.
2. Fibroids cause spotting.
3. Fibroids keep you from getting pregnant.
4. Fibroids are an easy to solve problem.

I am not going to WebMD this... since I'm sure I'll find lots of things to scare the poop out of me. It'll be OK. In fact, it will be great!

I could have easier periods, less spotting, and a BABY! That's what I'm going to think, anyway.

Prayers welcome.

6 comments:

  1. JoDee--I'm so glad you posted! I was worried about you all afternoon!
    Your last four statements are right. . .Dr. Levin will take care of the fibroid and you will be well on your way to a baby! You are in my prayers my friend!

    JW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet girl - I particularly agree with item #4. That and stay away from WebMD! I will be thinking of you, but know that everything will work out A-OK. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good thing! You felt like something was going on in there and at least they have a diagnosis and a plan of action! Easy to get rid of is wonderful news and once they take care of it, you're right, you'll have lighter periods and baby will be right around the corner! How exciting!! =) Love you and everything will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be scared! I had all kinds of weird issues with my uterus... no fibroids, but lots of scarring tissue and some adhesions similar to fibroids. My surgery was NOTHING (seriously) and I was pregnant 4 months later. Having an answer to an issue is WONDERFUL. You have a course of action now!
    Keeping you in my thoughts, dear. ;)
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be praying for you, your surgery, and for you to get knocked up, real fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEA JoDee!
    I'm so happy for you! This is great news~ that it's an easy fix! I will be praying for you that it goes well, and badies are in your future!
    Love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...