Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nerves, or Flesh Eating Bacteria?

Today was my pre-op visit. I had to pee in a cup, and give some blood. You know, answer some questions. Sign my name a few times. It went pretty quickly- which was great because I didn't get stuck in any traffic on the way home.

I am feeling really icky today. I feel extremely bloated and sore. Left over from last week's procedure? Maybe. Ate some bad chicken salad yesterday? Bladder problems back with a vengeance? Not sure. I am just praying that I'll wake up tomorrow and feel much better. I have a bad tendency to assume the worst and get all worked up about things, so terrible conditions have been floating around in my head all day. Crazy infections, organs that are about to explode, near death and don't know how bad it is until it's too late... slightly hypochondriac. Slightly.

I am getting really nervous. I know it's going to be really easy and Dr. Levin does these procedures all the time. I know that the hospital staff is highly trained for emergencies. But, here I am nervous all the same. I am feeling emotional and tired, and of course my tummy is all messed up.

I'm going to follow the great advice I've received, and just pray about it. I know that's truly the only thing that's going to help.

And, try to stop thinking that my guts are about to rupture.


On a side note... the carpet is out of the closet, and the disgusting mildew smell is gone! Now for tiles... hubby says he "may want to do it himself" today, after yesterday saying that "he didn't want to mess with it." I think we should call in someone who will get it done. And fast. My clothes don't fit so well in the guest room closet.

5 comments:

  1. You are not a hypochondriac and you have every right to be nervous!! I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I know Dr. Levin will take good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably nerves, but I'm not unfamilar with the Hypochondria myself... I would say try not to worry, but easier said than done. I will be thinking of you! Is there anything I can do post-surgery? I am around all weekend if you need anything. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure everything is going to go beautifully! Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done).

    I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything will turn out great but its so normal to be nervous! I'm always nervous about procedures too. Good luck and I'm sure you'll feel much better when it's all over! Praying is good advice! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we are so much alike it's not even funny, haha. I have had all those thoughts before myself. I've been sick so much since I had Brady I'm starting to wonder if I have some serious disease making me sick all the time, haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...