Monday, March 23, 2009

Catch-Up Post

I've been so busy lately.... it just keeps getting busier and crazier too! Here's my attempt at catching you up...


Look how cute my husband is! We've been working out, or more accurately, Sean's been doing an awesome job working out and eating right, and I've been half-assing it. He looks AMAZING! I love this picture of him! Of course, you can't see all his new muscle, but his sweet personality just shines! I love this man!





I got a new car! Whoooo hooo! I totally didn't think it would happen, but Sean just took care of it! It was a good time to replace my old Camry with a newer, more reliable vehicle. Here's my new Ford Edge! I love it!






It drives just like a car- parking is easier actually. Absolutely LOVE it.



We had some family in town a week or so (time is seriously running together) ago and it was so much fun! My aunts Stephie and Nina and uncles John and Mike came to visit from Minnesota! We had them over to our house a couple of times and played lots of Rock Band, because Sean takes EVERY possible opportunity to play! I wish we could see each other more often. I LOVE these aunts and uncles and it is SO nice to see them! I have so much in common with my aunts... it really hurts my heart that we don't live closer together. Here are a few pictures...








We went to Dallas this past weekend to help throw a baby shower for my sweet Barbara. It was such a fun trip! We worked so hard painting her nursery, cleaning and preparing for the shower, and it turned out great! It was such a productive weekend that I left feeling so good! It meant a lot to me to do something for Barb that she would love because I love her so much! She is expecting twins in June and she looks amazing. She is such a beautiful girl, and it was so much fun to spend time with her and all her great friends who got together to make it happen. Total team effort!



Of course I got to see my favorite baby in the whole world, Brady Michael! He is SO precious! He loved, loved, loved Jet- which of course, I ATE UP! Here are some pictures from the shower...










And, now, the most embarrassing part... and the reason for which I need to rush... I flooded our bathroom/closet. Oh yes. I am a total idiot. Really.


Meet my cat, Kit Kat.



Looks sweet, right? Rubbing up on me... really sweet... hmmmmm. I always end up feeling guilty about her (case in point- this is the first time I've mentioned her) so when we left for Dallas I thought I would just leave the sink barely dripping so she wouldn't get dehydrated (she won't drink from a bowl). Well, I also thought it would be a really good idea to plug the drain... I can't even go into my thought process because it's so stupid and I don't have time now because I need to go completely empty the closet so we can RIP the CARPET OUT because it smells like mildewy mess and make way for my adorable neighbor to come tile the closet. Man, I am such an idiot!! Thank goodness we have a very handy, young neighbor who can come help us out and my SWEET hubby just laughed at me and basically said, "shit happens." Again- I love that man!

Caught up? Surgery Friday. Spring Break is over. Damn. I think that covers it.

4 comments:

  1. The sink bit is hilarious. It makes total sense though! It'd be like a big water bowl... except it overflowed! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny about the sink, I can't wait to tell Kyle that one!!! =) Good luck with your surgery this Friday, I'll be thinking about you all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodee, it was great to see you again at the shower! Best of luck with your surgery and fingers crossed that the next shower will be for YOU! My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kit Kat!! That silly cat needs to learn how to drink out of a bowl!

    Just know that you have a lot of support and prayers for Friday. . .if you need something, just call:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...