Before I get into the details... I just ate a sandwich that I put way too much spicy mustard on. Damn. It totally sucked. I still ate it.
And, now, let me tell you all about my new, improved uterus!! Yesterday at my post-op check up and ultrasound I found out that my uterus is better than it's been in years!
Dr. Levin showed me some before and after pictures- and it's a good thing I'm not anyone's OBGYN because I had absolutely no idea what I was looking at. She could tell, so she explained to me that the fibroid was "huge" and it "almost took up my entire uterus." And, once again, to make me feel amazed and validated, I was "never, ever going to get pregnant with that inside."
Plus, good news! The cyst on my ovary has shrunk, so we're just going to keep an eye on it in the next couple of months with- you guessed it- another ultrasound! Gah! Why the vaginal ultrasound??? (OK, I actually did ask the sonographer about this and it's to "get a much better picture." Do they have to do them this way? “Yes.” And, when did this start? “About 10 years ago.” Oh.) When she was getting the wand ready I must have had a horrified look on my face because the sweet lady says to me, "Just look away, honey."
Next step to babies is a HSG. I'm guessing lots of you have had this done. They put some dye into your uterus and tubes and stuff to make sure that everything looks good. Dr. Levin says that if she likes what she sees (uterus healed, etc.) then she'll give us the go-ahead to start trying again.
The tricky and majorly annoying part of this test is that it must be done when you are completely done with your period, but not past day 10 of your cycle. Well. If history repeats itself, my next period could last about that long. Or, since timing is just not on my side- days 8 and 9 will probably fall on the weekend and I can’t remember if they will do it on day 10- or only before day 10. Sigh.
I really don’t want to miss the window this next cycle and have to wait till June to have the test done. That will mean we have to wait yet another month to start trying again. Sean says, “One month is no big deal.” Whatever. He’s right, but I still feel pouty about it. I also think I’m pouting because it was a surprise. I didn’t know there was another step to take. I just thought she’d say- OK! Go home and have sex! Make a baby! Now I have to go get another procedure done? Geez!
I’m getting impatient. My brain is soaked with questions. Grrrr.
Reminder for Self: My idea of a good time to have a baby may or may not be what God considers a good time to have a baby. His timing is better. Trust Him.
*well, sort of.
Green Denim Divided Basket & Diaper Pouch
4 years ago

I'm so glad to read that the fibroid is gone! I am not in your position nor am I pretending to be, but I know waiting is difficult. I'm praying that God makes this small period (no pun intended) of time to go quickly so you can start making those babies! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is really awesome about your uterus. The HSG will be here before you know it, I promise. I was in the same situation when I had mine, just not sure if the timing would work. The scheduling was fairly easy, though, and I still had some LIGHT spotting when I had mine done and the Dr that did it said that was no big deal. They just didn't want it to be during a full flow part of your period. (yea, I reread that and it is gross!)
ReplyDeleteYou are preparing your body to house your perfect baby in God's perfect time. I know it's hard, but I pray it will all be completely worth the agony. ;)
*hugs*
YAY! I'm so glad to hear that everything looks good! Sorry there's another procedure but I'm sure it will be done before you know it. I agree, when you're trying to get pregnant a month is FOREVER long!! =)
ReplyDelete