Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dinner Drama

Long, yucky day. Stressed out for sure. Walk in the door, and see my sweet hubby standing over the stove making me dinner! I am SO impressed, and relieved that I'm not going to have to cook tonight.

I try the sweet potatoes first. Delicious! Next a bite of fish. Spicy. Hey, that's really spicy.

"Sean, what did you put on this fish?"

"Lemon and lime juice and a little Tony's."

"Strange, it tastes so spicy to me. My lips feel like they're on fire. Do they look big to you?"

"Yeah."

I get up to look in the mirror- and holy moly, I've got two fat lips! I look pretty good. Maybe I should consider collogen lip injections.

"Sean, do my lips feel fat to you?"

Kiss, kiss.

"Ooooh, I like your fat lips, JoDee! Kiss me again."

Kiss, kiss, kiss. Laugh, laugh, laugh! Big, fat lips are SO funny!

"Wait a minute Sean, my mouth feels like it's burning too. And, my throat is feeling really tight. Maybe I should take a Benadryl."

Sean procedes to freak out a little, and honestly, I do too. This isn't so funny anymore.

My throat is closing up! I guess I should stop eating this fish. Too bad, I'm still hungry. I wonder if I should throw up the fish I've already eaten? No, that's gross.

Fortunately, the Benadryl works fast, and pretty soon my throat is only mildly sore and I'm a drowsy, slurred version of me (with bad gas. I guess that's what happens when you don't force yourself to vomit up whatever you just ate that you're allergic to). I better take another Benadryl, you know, just in case.

Stumble into bed. Pass out.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no!! What kind of fish was it?? Good thing you had Benadryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad she's not this funny in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'm not laughing because you had an allergic reaction to your dinner, but I am laughing at how you narrated it.

    "Kiss kiss kiss"

    That was hilarious!

    I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to laugh at your big lips--but that is too funny!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sean! JoDee IS this funny in real life :) Haha. I would have completely been freaking out!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...