My school secretary is very good at her job. She gets things done, and keeps everything going in the front office as well as the entire building. When you have a question- she's who you ask. She is extremely caring, and hilarious, and we all love her.
With that said, we're also all terrified of pissing her off. I've made a few dumb-ass mistakes in the past few years that she has made me perfectly aware, are not OK to make again. She can make you feel like a five year old just by looking at you. I'm not kidding, I'll do almost anything to stay clear of her wrath.
So, when I broke the big, fancy hole puncher in the front office the other day, I panicked. Jenette, my sweet friend, tried helping me remove the 45 transparency sheets that I stuck in all at one time, but to no avail. (The thing says 50 sheets is the limit... but really? Who counts? And, apparently transparencies are like, twice the size of paper... but you know what? They all fit in the puncher. They just got stuck and wouldn't come out. And then the puncher started smoking a little.) She seemed even more scared than I was, and said she would take it home to her husband to fix. But after a little talking, we decided that since Sean is a mechanical engineer (and since his wife is the one who broke it), he seemed most apt to fix it. No offense to Jim, I'm sure he could have done exactly what Sean did... which you'll see below.
I stuffed the thing in my big rolling suitcase (which either screams teacher or stewardess) and snuck it in my car. Here's what happened after I got it home.

Goal number one- get all the incriminating plastic out of the puncher. If it works again, bonus. But Sean's pretty darn good... and VICTORY!! (I asked Sean if he would turn and face the camera as I took the picture, but he said "I'm not posing for your stupid picture!")

The next day at school I had to replace the puncher in the teacher workroom, and so I wheeled it back up there. A couple teachers were in there working, hell I was talking with them the entire time I unzipped the suitcase and took that blasted puncher out and plugged it back in. No one asked me what I was doing, and I didn't tell.
Goal number two- avoid humiliation from school secretary- complete.
(Now... some of you reading this no doubt know who I'm talking about... so SHHHHH! And for God's sake, don't tell her I'm afraid of her!)
(And yes, I am the same person who in the past month, flooded my bathroom.)
Oh JoDee, you are so funny!! This totally sounds like something I would do, but I probably would have just ran away and acted like I didn't do it. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my, I'm cracking up! Since I know who you're talking about that makes me laugh even harder! Im glad he fixed it and everything worked out! =)
ReplyDeleteSean saved our @#!@#! Jim cracked up at the video and said he was very glad that we chose SEAN!!!
ReplyDelete