Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Whole 30: Day 10

and days 6, 7, 8, and 9. Whew! I haven't updated in a while!

No, I haven't quit, if that's what you were thinking! Although I almost quit about 100 times this past weekend. FOOD EVERYWHERE. And I'm partly to blame for that seeing as I made cookies and cake for our visiting Uncle Jeff and his wonderful, adorable, awesome girlfriend, Catie. (I really like her, Jeff. Please keep this in mind as my opinion is, of course, the most important.) I wasn't tempted to eat the cookies- although they were cute if I do say so myself... but the chocolate cake was REALLY hard not to eat. I cried.



The heart is for Houston, you know, so Jeff would remember how much he loves Houston and that he can't wait to live here again. At least live in Texas again. Or the US. I'm not picky. I didn't take a picture of the cake... probably because I couldn't steady the camera in the midst of my sobbing.

I survived the weekend, however hard it was, and the last couple of days haven't been bad. I'm almost afraid to say this... but maybe my carb withdrawal is over?? I hope so. I have been in a good mood since Monday. I've been waking up without feeling groggy. I have been more patient with Carson.


"Car! Car! Car!"


This picture was taken at Dr. Pielop's office yesterday. He sure enjoyed watching the traffic below... and that's probably because he had no idea he was waiting for the second half of his flu shot. Poor baby! He took it like a champ, and was a fun, happy guy the rest of the day. I'm a lucky mommy.


And, I can honestly say that I have lost weight. Hallelujah! I don't know how much, because stupid Whole 30 says you can't weigh yourself until the 30 days is up (you're supposed to be focusing on your health, blah, blah, blah). I almost weighed myself anyway, and my rule-following husband stopped me. Whatever. I guess I'll wait. I can at least fit into three more pairs of pants that have been sitting in my closet- so that's a plus!

The food we've been eating isn't bad at all. My new favorite breakfast has got to be scrambled eggs smothered in avocado and salsa. YUM.



And I'm obsessed with almond butter. But only this kind...



This stuff is SO GOOD. With celery, with apples, off a spoon straight out of the jar... I love it.

3 comments:

  1. You are incredible! PS I am SOOOOOO jealous of those eggs! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs look delish!! Way to go girl, you're doing AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and those cookies are amazing! Think you could make some darth vadar or yoda ones? hehehehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...