Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hale Lake

Yesterday, our little family of three went to Brazos Bend State Park (or what my brother and sisters and I used to call the "Alligator Park" when we were growing up) and walked the trail around Hale Lake. It was so exciting to see there was a Hale Lake- so of course we chose that trail!

It was a gorgeous day yesterday, and after an entire week of being sick and stuck at home, it was just what we all needed. Carson still isn't feeling better, poor baby, and you can see his red eyes and runny nose in all these pictures. But he was tired of being cooped up at home too, so we took advantage of such a pretty day and drove down to the park. Despite being sick, he was a trooper. He loves to be outside!





I absolutely love how he crosses his feet when he's relaxed. And I love those chubby legs!!

We stopped for a bit at the turn around point on the trail (Hale Lake is a small oxbow lake) and let Carson stretch his legs. And point things out to us. He wants to make sure we don't miss anything!











The wildflowers are in bloom around Houston, and in our yard we have azaleas and some other little annuals that I don't have a name for... so Carson has learned the word "flower." (His vocabulary has exploded lately- but his favorite word is "car." He is a true boy. He LOVES cars!!) After Daddy handed him this clover blossom, his "walking" was cut short. Flowers are distracting!!





He then decided he must hold a flower, or "wow-wa," as we started walking again (never mind that they're protected by the state of Texas and we shouldn't have picked them... oops.)



The trails were absolutely gorgeous. Everything is green again and there was honeysuckle everywhere! The whole trail smelled sweet!





We had such a great time. It brought back lots of memories of walking those same trails with my family years ago. And now we're making some of those same memories with our son. Precious.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Stephie in MNMarch 21, 2011 at 7:09 AM

    OMG JoDee, I didn't know Carson was walking! And talking! When did this happen? I just saw him a month and a half ago.... He is growing up so fast! I guess he must be saying Mom and Dad besides flower, in some form...wish I could see him more often, thanks for the videos, keep em coming! I love how is hair is getting so blond and longer-he is just adorable! Please come visit us this Summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...