Sunday, March 20, 2011

READ THIS BOOK

I know that sounds really serious and possibly threatening... but I have to tell you that you need to. You really need to read Why We Get Fat, by Gary Taubes.



This is not a diet book. It doesn't tell you to eat less and exercise more and spend your life feeling like a hamster on a wheel who is either hungry all the time, or exhausted, or both.

It is a book that completely explains, through lots of easy-to-read science, exactly what happens in your body when you eat carbohydrates, proteins, and fats and what exactly is making you fat, making you tired, making you sick, and putting you at risk for a multitude of diseases and cancers.

It is without a doubt the best "health" book I've ever read. I finished it in two days. My sister Jenni will tell you this is impressive because A- I "never read" and B- if I do read, I only read the first half of the book.

Read the book. Then pass it along to your familiy and friends.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...