My sweet sister-in-law took some pictures on Christmas Day, thank goodness, because I'm the awesome parent who didn't take out her camera one single time over her first born's first Christmas. Geez. What was I thinking?!?
Actually, I wasn't really thinking at all... I was soaking up every single second of that wonderful day. Christmas with my son and family was just amazing.
Actually, I wasn't really thinking at all... I was soaking up every single second of that wonderful day. Christmas with my son and family was just amazing.










As all babies seem to be, Carson was more interested in the packaging than the gifts. He really loved Christmas cookies and had more than his fair share. He didn't really get the whole stocking thing... maybe I should have stuffed it with tissue paper and ribbons, he probably would have loved it! His teething seemed to take a break for the holiday and he was able to enjoy all the fun- and so were we! Looking at the pictures makes me laugh because for such a happy baby, he sure doesn't smile for his picture! What a stinker!
Over the past few weeks, Carson has become almost an entirely different baby. It really amazes me! He is now super, super busy all. the. time. If he's awake- he's moving. He LOVES climbing things, which is getting a little scary. I swear, I just turn my head for a second and he's in the dishwasher or on the fireplace mantle or is attempting to climb the kitchen chairs and coffee table.
He's such a fast little crawler too- and he loves to be chased around! He'll just giggle and giggle if you act like you're going to "get him!" He's not walking, but is taking a few little steps when holding on to something.
He's not saying any real words yet- but his "word" for everything is "BA." He points to whatever it is he wants and says "BA!"
Popcorn? "BA!"
Deer heads mounted in the office? "BA!"
Mommy? "BA!"
He LOVES his daddy and just about everything except green beans, eggs, and getting dressed! If it wasn't January, I'd just let him be naked all day long because he's much happier that way! Just like his daddy, he loves all things carbohydrate- bread, crackers, pasta, popcorn... they're two of a kind. I sneak in as many fruits and veggies as I can- for them both!
If you'd have asked me about 11 months ago (yes- he's almost a year old!) if I liked being a parent, um... not so sure. But ask me now... It's AWESOME! Sean and I are having SO! MUCH! FUN! I guess Carson may have a brother or sister after all (all grandparents let out a sigh of relief). I think I may have caught a second baby fever...

So cute!! Just wait, Christmas just gets better and better the more they understand and get into it! Keaton was a blast this year!! =) YAY for that baby fever!! I think we need to be pregnant together again...that gives you about 7 months to get on that, hehe!!
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute, awesome shot of Sean watching him play...kids make Christmas so magical again!
ReplyDeleteAs for our puppy...he's doing really well, may family has always had labs...he's a mix but seems to be SO GOOD natured which is all we cared about. The kids ADORE him! Presley is just happy to have someone to boss around. How has Jet adjusted to having a baby around?
He's too precious! What a blessed Christmas you had!! It is truly crazy how much they change from 1 year-2 year. Everyday is just a new adventure. Enjoy every moment!
ReplyDeleteHi JoDee,
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting Carson's first Christmas pictures! How precious! Of course, wish we could have been together! I hope you please plan to come to Minnesota again this Summer (last time was so fun)! But in the mean time, think I'll have to plan to come to Carson/you all for his 1st Birthday :-)! From the pictures I get the sense Carson has moved out of the "baby, baby" stage and is becoming a little boy-I can just see his little brain working...glad you are thinking of another baby-I'm sure Carson will love it, as will all of us grown-up's! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Love all the pics and the updates on Carson! He is such a doll! There were never any doubts here about you being a great mom! Good luck on trying for the next...I hope there is a blog soon about a due date! We'll all have to get together the next time we are at Barb's, and let the babies play and catch up!
ReplyDelete