Thursday, November 20, 2008

Homecoming

Sean is on his way home from Lousianna right now! He's been off-shore for 20 long days and Jet and I are so ready for him to be home! What's weird about being apart from each other is that we go through the same stages every time...

About 2 days before he leaves, we're both sad about him leaving and get into stupid little fights.
For 3-4 days after he leaves, I am a TOTAL mess. Depressed and lonely. Nothing seems to cheer me up and I become a couch potato.
Days 5-8 I'm finally starting to feel a little better, but end up eating total trash and leave the house a mess!
Finally I start to get into my own routine. I don't like it, but I have to basically move on and develop a single-girl lifestyle. So, when he finally comes home it feels weird, like we're getting to know each other again.
Three or four days after he returns we finally feel back to normal! It's exhausting!

I can't wait to see how Jet reacts when Sean walks in the door... it's SO cute! He gets so excited his whole body wags! Sean hates leaving Jet when he has to go out of town. While I know why he's gone and can talk to him on the phone, poor Jetters has no idea why he's not coming home and runs over to the garage door and barks and barks because he thinks he hears him. He'll do that for a couple of days, and then poor Jet has to start a new routine too and seems to forget about listening for the garage door, and just settles into life with mommy.

Sean should be pulling in the driveway at about 3:00 this morning, and plans to leave for the duck lease at 4:00. I guess we know what he missed the most! Poo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...