Monday, July 11, 2011

Proof I'm Crazy

(Oh. My. I'm having major mommy guilt right now... it's baby's first night without a pacifier. Yep. COLD TURKEY. I'm fReAkInG oUt!!! He's in his bed just talking away right now... I wonder how long it will be until he starts screaming bloody murder?)

So... Sean, Carson, and I have just returned from a two week vacation to visit family in Minnesota and Wisconsin. It was really, really lovely. I kind of had a little freak out this morning when I realized that I was home. Just me and Carson. No aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents to help entertain my kid. No husband to guilt into helping me because he was off golfing all morning. And, most sadly of all, most definitely not pregnant. Sigh.

(Oh, geez. "Mama!! Mama!! Mama!!" coming from baby's room. I can't take the guilt. I'm going in.)

(I'm back. I can't believe I only lasted 5 minutes. I rocked him for a minute until he was calmed down, and laid him back down. My heart aches.)

I guess that's really to be expected since not much baby-making can be done while staying in a guest room with your baby in a pack-n-play right next to you and your grandparents mere feet away from you separated only by a paper-thin wall. What? You don't find that romantic?

But still, it's disappointing. I know it's only been three months, but it seems like a flipping eternity and since last time wasn't a cake walk, I'm now starting to doubt that it's ever going to happen.

Pair that with turning 30 in just eeeeeek!!!! 4 days, and after gaining at least 5 pounds on vacation (I went with three pairs of shorts, and came back only fitting in two of them), and now I just feel FAT. OLD. NOT ON VACATION. And NOT PREGNANT.

And that's pretty much what my pity-party was all about this morning. It wasn't until Carson had been sleeping two straight hours (his sleeping/napping on vacay was AWFUL!!) that I realized I was totally wasting this precious nap time and I got my butt in gear.

After Carson woke up (and stayed up... he slept three hours this morning, so there was no afternoon nap), I accomplished the following:

bank
dry cleaners
dentist (to pick up my new night guard- more on that later.)
grocery store
unloaded my whole freaking car (that's nearly the hardest part of grocery shopping, right?!)
prepped dinner
cleaned kitchen
finished dinner
went on walk- stop at playground for the little man
bathed baby
put baby to bed
annoyed husband by asking for probably the 23rd time today to take the dog out and play with him (he still hasn't.)

(OMG. I think the kid might be asleep. He's quiet now. Fingers crossed, people!!!)

(Oh skittles... if I actually do break him of his night-time paci, does this also mean I have to break him of his car paci? And if so... GOSH DARN IT!! UGH! Barf! Poop on a stick!!!)

(I am trying to clean up my language since the kid is starting to repeat everything.)

(And sorry about all the parenthesis. I can't seem to stop.)

I was feeling pretty proud of myself for being a good wifey and mother and getting so much done... and now I'm just beat. Vacation wore me out!! Can't wait to share some pictures and stories with you... will do soon!

4 comments:

  1. A few points. . .
    1. Yay!! Glad you're home:) Let's have some playdates:)
    2. Getting pregnant SUCKS. I'm saying prayers for Baby #2 to come on board very quickly.
    3. I'm totally in awe of your paci-cold turkey method. OMG--can you come to my house and do that? Actually, I'm sending Stella to your house for nap training and paci-breaking!!! You totally rock as a mommy:)
    4. An almost welcome to the 30 club;)It's not all that bad, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, is there room for me at the pity party? And will there be wine? I feel you on the upcoming icky b-day...my countdown is at 20-something days (how ironic). And August will mark a year that we've been trying, so really shaping up to be a stellar month. I swear, I may actually go crazy if I see another pregnant teenager.

    On the positive side, your list/productive streak is impressive! And I look forward to seeing the vacation pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoDee--you are a far better mother than me...1.)your baby doesn't STILL take a bottle and 2.) I am not even attempting the no paci thing...my child would go CRAZY!!
    As far as the not pregnant goes...you have tons of people praying for you and in all actuality, 3 months isn't that long...it will happen for you..the Lord knows what a wonderful mother you are and He WILL bless you again. Remember, patience is a virtue. :)
    Now...get back to the baby making!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Stephie in MinnesotaJuly 12, 2011 at 2:19 PM

    Hey JoDee, sorry you didn't get pregnant(I was hoping there'd be a baby named "Minnesota" or "Vacation" , lol! You'd be wishing you went to Paris :-) I miss you all and Carson so much already! There is no exaggeration when your friends say you are a great Mom! I've seen it first hand! And how great Carson is really proves it too-he was always good, and happy!!! It was just amazing! Can't wait for number 2-for now drink some wine and don't worry, it'll happen! Maybe it'll be named "Birthday" or "Thirty" (hey Victoria Beckham named her girl Harper "Seven" :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...