To celebrate this monumental occasion, I treated myself to a down-right indulgent manipedi today. My sweet friend, Sarah, offered to watch Carson and I jumped on it about as fast as... OK, I'm lacking a simile here, but you get the picture. An hour or so later, I found myself sitting in a pedicure chair getting seriously pampered.
I went all out. Spared no expense. I got the Deluxe Spa Pedicure and Deluxe Spa Manicure- complete with shellak (sp?). It's supposed to last two weeks... we shall see. It took about 2 hours- no lie. My butt started to fall asleep.
I was feeling so relaxed and so serene, I started convincing myself that 30 isn't so old after all. I could pass for at least 26, no younger unless the person guessing was half-blind, but 26 isn't bad. Heck, I got carded the other day! I can't look that old yet... I've got nothing to worry about. This birthday is a breeze!!
And then, my manipedi found a way of bringing me back down a peg. The pedicurist took out a power tool in order to chip away at my crusty feet. I guess a regular old pumice stone was not enough for my old-lady hooves... I needed a power sander to do the job. Geez. Then, my manicurist decided to karate-chop my arms as part of my relaxing massage... and my saddle bags began swinging violently in protest. I could even feel the beginnings of a waddle vibrating under my chin.
Luckily, being 30 now, I have a much greater ability to laugh at myself than I did at 20, and I found the whole experience to be pretty funny! I left feeling amazing and greasy and absolutely OK with 30.
Now, while baby boy naps, I'm going to go get all fancied up for dinner tonight with my hubby. He's taking me out for steak, and then tomorrow he's planned a karaoke birthday party for me! Whooo hooo!
Even if I'm technically old now, my birthday is still my birthday and I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it!
Green Denim Divided Basket & Diaper Pouch
4 years ago

Jodee! Thanks for commenting on my "embrace the camera" photo, that was so sweet. ANd Happy 30th girl! You look great and your blog was so funny to read :) It sounds like you have a lovely birthday planned!! Enjoy those nails, that dinner our tonight and karaoke tomorrow!! Yeah, you look great!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG you are too funny! I was literally laughing out loud!! Glad you had a relaxing day and I hope yall have a nice time at dinner tonight!! I know your party is going to be so much fun and IM SO SORRY we can't make it! If something changes and my nieces or SOMEONE can babysit we will be there for sure!! Love you and HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteJoDee...you are the coolest 30 year old that I know!! :) Hate that I missed the party... but a very happy birthday to you!! love you girl!!
ReplyDelete