Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Flying with Baby

I was so so so incredibly unbelievably crazily SCARED out of my mind about flying with Carson. He already made a round trip to Minnesota last summer, and he did just fine, but that did not calm my fears. Not one little bit.

We managed to check our massive amounts of luggage and make it through security without a hitch, which was the only thing Sean was nervous about. What? Why was he only nervous about that?

Why wasn't he nervous about entertaining a small child at the airport for an hour before we boarded (Sean was nervous about traffic so we got there reeeeaaaalllly early) and then on the plane for two and a half hours??? Why?

I'll tell you why.

He knew I'd be the one doing that part.

The big turd sat down and got out a book!!! I was chasing Carson around the airport for an hour, and then entertaining the poo out of him for nearly the entire flight while Sean read a book.

I was getting pretty peeved about it, so I handed him the baby and said "Here! You do it!" And about 30 seconds later... this is what I see...




Yeah. Not cool.

When he woke up about 30 minutes later, Sean handed him back to me and I proceeded to entertain some more. Thank God for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse coloring book with STICKERS that I bought for the flight. And the many, many snacks. Otherwise, I might have lost my mind.

All in all... Carson appeared VERY VERY well behaved on both his flights to and from Minnesota because I was VERY VERY busy keeping him busy. He didn't annoy any other passengers (I can only assume from lack of eye rolling and loud, obvious sighs) but he sure did annoy me! And so did his father.

2 comments:

  1. haha! Typical male! You should have taken his book and smacked him on the head with it!! =) Glad yall are home safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Stephie in MinnesotaJuly 13, 2011 at 3:49 PM

    Awe, that has to be one of the cutest pictures ever! There's just something so special about sleeping babies, right?! Maybe you can get even w/Sean when you have a second one-he won't be able to breast feed so he'll have to be the one chasing and entertaining :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...