Monday, November 8, 2010

First Spaghetti

Last Tuesday, at Carson's nine month check-up, I was made to feel like a terrible mother because I wasn't feeding my baby mostly table food. (Not really. Dr. Pielop is awesome, but he did tell me to lay off the baby food and bottles and feed this boy the real deal.) So, I've been diligently feeding Carson exactly what we've been eating... plus a few extra fruits and veggies (like most mothers, I feed Carson much better than I feed myself).

Tonight I served my men spaghetti and turkey meatballs... and they both loved it.








It was absolutely adorable watching him completely cover himself in spaghetti sauce. It almost made me forget that he screamed the entire time I was cooking. I guess he's training us to eat earlier than we used to. (BTW- at Carson's nine month appointment, I asked Dr. Pielop about why Carson is all of a sudden way fussier than he used to be... his answer... "Their personalities start showing around nine months." Great! My kid's personality is awesome!)

I was impressed that he ate all the onions and garlic... I wonder when kids start deciding they hate things? A battle for another day, I guess. Thank God they don't all come at once!

Before his bath we let his spaghetti-lusty dog have a go...






I just posted pictures of my dog eating spaghetti off my baby. Someone nominate me for mother of the year.

6 comments:

  1. Precious!! Great mothers allow their children to learn, explore, and express. Carson will thank you for it one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!!! =) Hilarious about the fussy personality and Dr. Pielop! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!!! I love that you let jet "lick him clean" first! that is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Stephie in MinnesotaNovember 9, 2010 at 7:02 AM

    Thank you for posting! And for the pictures! They are so funny! I feel I can actually see Carson growing and changing thru them...and it looks like he has a great, wonderful personality! How could he not, with you and Sean as parents! I can't wait to see him (just 2 weeks now!), and all you guys. Take care and keep posting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That post and the pictures cracked me up. Carson is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...