Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weekend Update

News from the home front...


It's Saturday night, and Sean and I are laying around the living room watching football.* Poor Sean is so, so sick. He hasn't been this sick since we got married. He's running a fever and is just totally miserable- achy, coughing and hacking, no energy, no appetite. I made him some chicken noodle soup today, and he barely ate a thing. He even skipped a weekend of hunting at the farm! That really says something!

He went to the doctor on Thursday and she only gave him a decongestant and a cough medicine!** What the hell? This is America! I am so mad! Where are the antibiotics, lady? This man is sick! We're going back tomorrow to get the good stuff. We won't be leaving without some real drugs!!



News from dog world...


Thursday was Jet's first show- and he came in dead last! Ha! Turns out he was acting really macho and was completely distracted by the other dogs. Basically, he was acting like a total jerk! I can picture it now... and it cracks me up! I just hope there was no humping! Actually, from the dog show I saw, a little humping would really spice things up!

Friday was show #2- and he came in 4th out of six dogs. So- hey, he beat two dogs! At what did he beat them, no idea. But, hell ya! All right!

Today, Jet was competing against 7 other dogs in his class, and he came in second!! That's right! My baby beat 5 other dogs! Yeah! That's MY dog! Whoo hoo!

I still don't get the whole dog show thing, but whatever. I'm sure Jet had a blast and that's all that matters. Just think of how many new dog butts there are to smell! He's probably in sensory overload!



*Actually, Sean's watching football. I'm just laying around.

**I hate cough meds and decongestants. They are totally counter productive and make you feel woozy and drugged up all day long. I never take them. Total crap.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...