Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh, Monday!

You know what- I realized today, for probably the zillionth time, that I have the perfect job for me! I went to school extremely tired (nightmares all night long... I know, I'm five, right?) and in a really grumpy mood. My partner read it on my face instantly (which is why she's the perfect partner) and brought me Starbucks on our break to cheer me up!

Even though the day started out pretty yucky, by lunchtime, I was feeling great! Those kids just perked me right up! Honestly, I feel super relaxed and comfortable around kids (the cool thing is, the more relaxed I am, the better behaved the kids are... they're like dogs. They can sense fear!). It's so easy to talk to them and get them excited about what we're learning. Teaching them never fails to be fulfilling. They even let me tell them stories about Jet and never complain that they're bored of hearing about him!

Sometimes it amazes me how much they look up to me and what a responsibility I have. I hope I do right by all 43 of them! (Not at one time, holy moly! Two classes people! I can't say 43 9-year-olds at one time would be relaxing!)


* * * * *


On another note- not pregnant. Nope, not this month. But you know what, I'm OK. I'm actually just fine. I have been doing a lot of praying- because WOW if it doesn't take me forever to figure something out- I have NO control over this! And you know what, thank God! If everything turned out the way I wanted it to, my life would be a hot mess! I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about this! I'm able to say now that I'll take God's plan over mine. He's done pretty good so far! :)

2 comments:

  1. That is a very good way to look at it! I'm glad you're not worrying anymore! YAY for teachers!! There are hard days but it is the most rewarding job isn't it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted on my blog. Who DOESN'T love J.Crew? It's a little piece of heaven on earth in my opinion.

    In other news, that is exciting that y'all are trying for a baby. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

    Oh, and I linked you on my blog. I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...