Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

We started our weekend off with a little trip to Fredricksburg, Texas for my bestie Barbara's 30th birthday celebration.



Barbara is pretty well known for being fabulous, and her birthday trip was nothing less! We ate a lot of delicious food, did some shopping on GORGEOUS main street Fredricksburg, and did some wine tasting. SO. MUCH. FUN!



Sean and I had to try some homemade ice cream... my Amaretto-Peach-Pecan was AMAZING.



My favorite store, full of fabric, of course! I couldn't choose a favorite. They were all gorgeous. Tons of quilting cotton, cotton voile, oil cloth, upholstery fabric... oh my gosh I'm dying just thinking about it. I want to go back with a ton of money and buy it all. I couldn't pick just one to walk out of there with- that would be like choosing a favorite child! So I took a picture, and bought a necklace instead. Made the decision much easier.



Here we are tasting our first wine... which Barbara's hubby, Robert, said was terrible. I didn't really think it was so bad until we tried the really good stuff at the next two wineries we went to- Pedernales and Grape Creek. Top notch!



We did have a beautiful picnic at the first stop, however. The weather was gorgeous- and add some brie to that- perfection!





At Pedernales, we tasted in the wine cellar, which was really neat. They had some amazing reds!



Our last stop was Grape Creek- and it was the best! So pretty, really tasty wines, live music on the patio... made for a great end to a wonderful afternoon of wine tasting.

We left very early on Sunday morning to make it back in time for Mother's Day lunch at Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Butch's house.

We had to swim, of course! It was gorgeous out, but the water was a little cold for Carson Lane. He LOVES the little fountains filled with rocks however... so he made himself comfortable in one and played his little heart out!



After our swim, Carson helped me open my present, an herb garden starter kit. He and his daddy were very thoughtful! I tried to start an herb garden a friend gave me, and it didn't quite work out. Nothing grew. Nothing. So... try, try again! I LOVE cooking with fresh herbs so I'm really hoping this batch turns out!





It was such a great weekend- I'm trying to recover from all the excitement today! And so is Carson apparently... he's taking a serious nap! Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, looks like a fabulous Mothers Day weekend!! You deserve it, you're a GREAT mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...