The salsa was awesome. Sean says to "leave it alone, don't mess with it, it's perfect." I say I would like one more garlic clove and a pinch more salt... but I like a garlicky salsa, myself. It was even better this morning than it was last night. I loved it on my eggs so much I kept scooping more and more on my plate, and then I decided to just break out the chips. Why not? I then polished off an entire, oh about 2 cups worth of the heavenly stuff.
I especially love my coffee mug next to the chips and empty salsa bowl- which was full when I opened it this morning. I have to say this is a first for me.
The Chicken Tortilla Soup was amazing!!! And I'm picky, picky when it comes to tortilla soup. This is a good one. Definitely worth a try. I added more chicken than the recipe called for because I have a husband. Enough said.
The Dulce de Leche Coffee was AMAZING. Super sweet. Super rich. Decadent. It was sooooo worth my trip to three different grocery stores to find the dang stuff. But that was partially my fault. I should have just gone to HEB in the first place.*
I will absolutely make all three of these recipes again. I have a feeling the salsa will be a staple in my fridge now. Carson wasn't a huge fan of the soup, he didn't try the salsa, but he did get a healthy portion of whipped cream with chocolate shavings (minus the spiked coffee) and he was in little piggy heaven.
YUM. YUM. YUM. Thank you Pioneer Woman, for a great dinner and all the leftovers I'll be devouring today!
*OK- I like my neighborhood Randalls, they do a good job of stocking most things I am looking for and all the employees are really nice. I was not surprised I didn't find dulce de leche there, and I will not hold it against them. The second store I went to was Kroger. They like to advertise that they're all better than HEB but they are SO NOT. First of all- they sell furniture??? I'm going there to buy food, not a new sofa. Also- I would like all the milk to be together. I do not appreciate their completely-different-half-way-across-the-store sections for the organic vs. regular milk. This is stupid. And, not one employee greeted me nor asked me if I "found everything OK." Now, HEB on the other hand, has never let me down. I have NEVER had to go somewhere else to find something. They have everything. And, it's in a logical place. The store is huge but I have never searched more than a few minutes for anything. Their store brand is reliably as good as the name brand (diapers, hello!) and the employees are nice, friendly, and they give my baby a balloon! Kroger sucks and HEB is clearly the best grocery store ever. Lesson learned. So, why did I go to Kroger in the first place?? It's soooo dang close to my house. The irony.
**My love affair with HEB has been burning for a while now... when we were in Fredricksburg Mother's Day weekend, we drove past an HEB and Sean says, "Look, JoDee, we could live here because they have an HEB." Good man. That is a requirement for any potential future place of residence.

Angels sing upon entering HEB. Fact. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad it all turned out so well. I want to try the salsa for sure.
ReplyDeleteI'm also jealous of HEB. I love them. We do not have them up herein DFW. There is a more expensive branch of them called Central Market, but they are SO FEW and far between and there isn't one within 40 miles of us. My options, at present, are Kroger or Walmart. Both are awful. We have a Whole Foods withing about 20 miles, but it is also kinda pricey and the drive is a bit brutal. UGH.
So. Enjoy that HEB of yours. We stop at them anytime we are South.
:)
JoDee...I don't know if you like "Indian" food but Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tikka Masala is TO DIE FOR! I made it this week (it doesn't have curry, it is more of a cream based dish) and Walt told me it was the greatest dish I have ever made and it was totally worth me staying at home! HA! We should definitely plan a "menu" and make some damn good food for ours boys and have a dinner date! Have a great weekend...love you!
ReplyDelete