Monday, September 27, 2010

Mission: Fit into Dress

Sean is in a wedding this coming weekend, and that means I've got a rehearsal dinner and a wedding to dress for. About a month ago this wouldn't have been a problem at all and I actually would be looking forward to it, but now... no so much. I have gained at least 5 pounds in the last few weeks, maybe even close to 10. (It SO sucks to type that.) I have two beautiful dresses that I love and really want to wear, but at this point, I do not fit in them. Period. (I also don't seem to fit into a lot of my clothes, and rather than wear my maternity clothes again, I need to harden up and lose a few pounds. Sigh.)

So, my goal in the next 5 days is to lose just enough weight so as to squeeze into my dresses this weekend and not have to spend money on two new outfits. Is it impossible? Instead of just giving up and going shopping for something that actually fits me, I figure I can survive anything for 5 days so I'm going to be extremely serious about this and see if I can actually lose enough weight. If not, I'll head my happy, fat self over to Target and try to find something on the cheap. So let the experiment begin... and let me be clear right now: some people might be annoyed to hear me talking about losing weight since I'm technically not overweight but I don't care. If you have any comments about why "you would love to be my size" or "stop complaining you skinny bitch" please keep them to yourselves. This is an experiment people, and I'm simply documenting it here. I think the internet world has a right to know if I can actually accomplish this, or if it truly is impossible. Here goes nothing.

Day 1

Weight- 136.4 lb. Terrible. Horrible. Am HUGE cow who can only wear one pair of jeans in closet. Have to do something. Now.

Breakfast- scrambled eggs, avocado, and salsa... and a little cheese. Not bad, but not a doughnut.

Lunch- leftover hamburger from yesterday's football grill-out, guacamole and salsa. Yes- two meals with avocado and salsa, but right now options are limited until trip to grocery store. Oh, and a Lara Bar.

I haven't made it to dinner yet... will update later.

Goal: No grains, no sugar (follow Sean's caveman diet- www.marksdailyapple.com). Go on walk with hubby and baby. Do some sort of exercising with weights... I'm not a cardio-a-holic and I will not be aiming to run five miles, people, even if I am signed up to run a half-marathon in January (I know I'm ridiculous, let's just save that for another post).

Celebrations: Threw away tons of left-over buttercream icing and did not eat any of it. Super hard. Had to put it directly into trash can, cover it with other trash, and promptly take it out to the curb. Feel like this must be what a crack addict goes through when they stop smoking crack. Maybe on a slightly lesser scale.

Feeling motivated by the wedding cake I will be awarding myself if I actually do make it until Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. LMAO at the icing/crack comment!! It is like crack!!! Let me know how the caveman diet works for a woman. . .I might be using it in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I'm excited for your half marathon in January. Which one is it that you're running?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Loved this post, JoDee! I can really relate to the weight thing as I too have put on almost 5 lbs in the last week. Your post has now inspired me to see how I can do too - by my "Biggest Loser" Weigh-in to Jenni on Thursday (so only 2 days!). Will have to stay away from Alton Brown Mac and Cheese I have leftover from the Packer game last night and the Brian Boitano Chicken Nuggets and Dirby Dip (BTW-highly recommend)(NTS-must stay away from Food Network) I am praying to stay the same and not have gained...again! Good luck to you, JoDee. I will stay tuned :-) Hugs and Kisses to Carson! Love, Aunt Stephie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am shedding tears for that Icing (gone but not forgotten!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...