As of today, I am officially resigned from my teaching position. I thought I would have a lot to say about this, but strangely enough, I don't. In fact, writing my letter of resignation seemed more like checking something off my to-do list rather than the significant, life-changing event that it was.
1. Shower
2. Feed baby
3. Write my resignation letter
I spent the last six and a half years teaching 4th and 5th graders, and only the last 11 weeks raising my new baby boy... but it honestly feels like a lifetime ago that I was in the classroom. My days used to be consumed with classroom management, teaching strategies, conferences, and grading papers. Now, my days are filled with feedings and diaper changes... and I'm perfectly happy with that. I can honestly say that I hardly ever even think about what's going on in my classroom. That's not because I don't care, because I do. I loved teaching and I'm sure I'll return to it one day. If anything, being a parent is reaffirming my belief that all children deserve the best education possible, and a teacher who truly cares about them. I think I feel this way because I feel so called to what I'm doing right now- being a mother to my sweet Carson.
I know without a doubt that this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing with my life right now. There isn't a thing more important to me, nor anyone I'd rather spend my day with than my son. He is the most important job I'll ever have, and I couldn't feel more blessed to be his mother.
Green Denim Divided Basket & Diaper Pouch
4 years ago

Congratulations! Very big decision and the right one!
ReplyDeleteAwww, I'm so glad you're at peace, even better 100% happy with your decision!! Im so excited we get to be SAHM's together!! =) See ya Wed!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you have a peace about resigning. Carson is so lucky to have you for his mom and you are so blessed to have the choice, and opportunity, to stay at home. :) I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteHey JoDee, I'm glad you're staying home and raising Carson, he gets both a great Mom and a great Teacher! The pictures look like you all are having a great time. Carson's looking like he's getting big-you're all so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou'll love this life... and you'll never regret the decision for a moment. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being jobless! I love it. I hope I can join the ranks some day. And, I can't help but comment, your boobs look great! LOL. That has got to be one of the great benefits to nursing ;) Miss you!
ReplyDelete