Thursday, February 4, 2010

No baby yet!

I'm sure since it's been so long since I've posted, you may have been thinking, "JoDee had her baby!"  No.  I haven't, I've just been really lazy!

My due date is next Monday, February 8.  As of today... the plan is to induce next Thursday if I don't have him before then. Am I in love with this plan?  Not really.  Am I happy to know that he'll be here in a week at most?  Yes. 

I would really like to go into labor on my own.  I don't know why I have such an opinion about this, because I'm not Nature Woman who plans to let my baby come as late as he wants to and not use any drugs and squat down somewhere in a field and poop him out.  I intend to deliver in a hosipital, with an epidural, and with lots of people to tell me how awesome I did and how beautiful my son is.  So why care about being induced?  I think it amounts to this (as stupid as it sounds): I feel guilty about planning on an epidural, and would like to avoid other interventions so as to not feel like an even bigger wimp. 

I keep trying to tell myself that it doesn't really matter how he gets here, the most important thing is that he gets here safely.  I am so ready to meet him.

Sean and I took a few baby classes at the hospital recently.  It wasn't really fun or all that educational (I am a nerd who has read lots of books, articles, and watched many an episode of The Baby Story) but it was great to spend that time with Sean, and to see all the babies in the nursery!  For one class, we had to meet to eat dinner early at a Mexican restaurant near his office.  The class was from 5-8 pm, and we knew we couldn't wait to eat until 8.  When we walked out of the restaurant, Sean says, "Nice parking job."  When I looked at how I parked my car, I couldn't stop laughing! 



How did I not notice this?  Can I blame it on pregnancy brain?  I have to tell you, I have had more giggle fits since I've been pregnant than I have since I was 13!  These hormones have put me in a pretty good mood and I've been laughing at myself nonstop!  I guess I can't complain too much about being really fat, because I've been pretty happy!


And now, the terrible moment I've been putting off... the 39 week belly picture.  I am so huge. 


You may be thinking... why did she choose this picture to post for the world?  I know.  Believe me when I say that this is the best picture.  I'm not photogenic on my skinniest, best skinned day... so this is pretty much as good as it gets nowadays. 


An update: I am at home today.  I decided to take a few days off to rest and relax before Carson is born.  At most, I will be home a week before the induction... hopefully he'll come before that.  Not working is weird.  I feel like a big wimp about not just finishing out this week.  Do I really need time off?  I don't know.  I feel so tired when I'm at work, maybe it is better to just let someone else take over for a while and give the kids what they need.  I cried my eyes out about it.  I thought it would be so much easier than it actually was.

Sean is glad I'm at home and resting.  He's been AWESOME lately.  I've always thought he was pretty cool, but the last few months, he's been the BEST husband and partner anyone could ever ask for.  I feel spoiled rotten and lucky as hell to have him.  I can't WAIT to see him holding his son.  That's what I'm looking forward to more than anything.  In a week at the most...


6 comments:

  1. Feb. 10th is a GREAT DATE...Lil Dominic's b-day!! I definitely say you squat and poop him out!! hahaha...please text or post pics as soon as Carson arrives...I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoDee... I'm so excited for you! I felt the same way about inducing, after 9.6 lbs came out... didn't mind so much. Good luck to both of y'all and Carson with everything next week!

    oh and P.S. .... don't expect the pre-pregnancy brain to come back anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JODEE!!! It's almost here! So exciting. And let me tell you...there is no shame in getting an epidural. Those are the best drugs ever invented. I can tell you from having mine not work for awhile this time, YOU WANT ONE. They are amazing. They help you to actually enjoy the experience. And, maybe I'm saying this to make myself feel better after 2 inductions, but I think they are awesome. You are totally ready. You can shower beforehand. You can have everything planned out. Things are calm. Everyone knows when to take off work, come in town. I just think it's great. I LOVED being induced with Aidan, and I was SO thankful to be induced again with Jayce. Can't wait to hear how everything goes and to see sweet baby Carson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo excited to meet Carson! You're going to do awesome! I agree with Bradi, getting induced will make you feel really prepared (I know you like that, ha!) and you and Sean will know that you're baby is coming so you can have a "Last Supper" the night before and go eat somewhere together before your lives change forever (change in a VERY good way though!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoDee, I'm so excited and I laughed hysterically at your parking picture. Today I went to get gas, pulled out the diesel pump and pounded on the unleaded button, even calling for the attendant, before I realized I had to put the diesel pump up and use the regular gasoline pump. Oh my. I'm having a giggle fit just thinking about it.

    You are amazing and being induced has absolutely nothing to do with your womanhood or being a wimp or anything else. And using an epidural is just plain smart ;) I guess I'm a wimp and a half since I'll have both of my kids by CS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoDee- first off, you look awesome! Seriously. All I see is a belly -- you are that cute "looks like you have a basketball in there" kinda cute. And I second all of your friends comments on inductions... I highly recommend the induction coupled with the epidural. Its the perfect combo. :-) I wish you and your family all the best. I cant wait to see pics of this little guy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...