At school today, a little boy was telling me that his mom's expecting, and he's really excited! He said, "The baby used to be the size of a grain of rice, and now it's a peanut!" I start reminiscing about when the doctor told us our baby was the size of a grain of rice... and I say, "Time flies! Before you know it your baby is going to be as big as mine!" The little boy says, "Your baby's as big as a meatloaf!" He may be right! Ha!
This past Saturday, Sean's friend Matt brought over his brand new eight-week-old black lab puppy! I fell in love. I wanted to keep him. I thought this picture was funny- Jet was SO interested! He had to assert his dominance over this sweet little dog... and after he got in trouble, he just wanted to play. They also took a nap together. Oooooh! So cute!
I proceeded to hog the puppy for the rest of the visit. He was absolutely precious. I want one. I know I'm probably only saying this because I haven't had my baby yet... but I think puppies are cuter than babies. If I see someone with a puppy- I HAVE to go ask to hold it. If I see someone with a baby- I may say, "oh, how sweet!" but I don't HAVE to hold it. Puppies are irresistible.
Jet has been a "momma's boy" lately, as Sean would say. I love it. He's the sweetest dog. While we were attempting to take some pictures for a Christmas card, we snapped this one of Jet just being super cute. He was so patient. We made him pose in several different, annoying poses and he still loves me!
Our friends Barbara and Robert moved to our neighborhood recently and Sean has made a new buddy. This is Caroline- one of their super adorable twin girls. She seems to like him (not quite sure why :)) and he really loves her. Cracks me up how she'll just sit and watch football with him!
The last week or so I've started to get so tired. I have energy in the morning and after I eat lunch, I'm on a downward spiral until I fall asleep on the couch around 8:00. At the latest. I am pretty boring lately. Which is why I need to post a few pictures from my trip to Nac a few weekends ago. I think this was the last time I was interesting! I actually stayed out until 1:00 am! I have no idea how I did it.
This first one is of me and my friend Dawson, whose birthday we were celebrating. He wasn't embarrassed to dance with the only pregnant woman who was tacky enough to go to the bar. (Don't worry- Nac is smoke free now.)
Now here's one of me and Brandon- one of my sister's best friends. He graciously let us stay at his apartment and dealt beautifully with my bossiness (he started calling me "Mrs. Hale"). This is a fake wedding picture. Apparently, at one point, he thought we were going to get married. When he met my sister, he introduced himself as her "future brother-in-law." This cracks me up! We had to pose together, just for fun! Ha!
And, here's one of me, Jenni, and Brandon. Jenni is my little sister, but because she's taller than me, everyone thinks she's older. Some of her friends that I met that day were carefully asking questions to figure out whether I was her "just graduated from high school and pregnant" sister. Really! I told a couple of guys that I graduated in 2003... and they said, "from high school?" HA! I also got a few "pity looks" from people as we walked around campus. "That poor pregnant girl" "I wonder if she'll have to drop out of school?" "I wonder if the daddy is still in the picture?" It was pretty funny! I wanted to shout out, "I'm married and almost thirty! Stop feeling sorry for me!"

You look SO CUTE!!!
ReplyDeleteYour belly picture is great!! You look awesome, JoDee! And who cares if you were a pregnant lady in a (smoke-free) dance hall! Homecoming and a friend's 30th birthday are reasons to celebrate! :-)
ReplyDeleteCute belly pic, Really cute Jet pictures! Love that pup! Buck still wants to meet Jet. Also precious to see Sean with the tiny baby girl - funny that she loves to sit and watch sports.
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely beautiful JoDee! Love it. I'm so glad you posted pictures for us to see.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!! Can't wait to meet that little meatloaf! =)
ReplyDeleteJoDee, you look so beautiful! Can't believe you are so far along already! You are right - time flies! :)
ReplyDelete