Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm Not Alone!

WOW! I just read all your comments on my last post! I knew that all men had to be big turds, but you all have made me laugh SO HARD over your slobby-husband stories! We are SO in the same boat! I feel much, much better knowing I'm not alone! Thank you!!!

As a little wrap-up to that post... that night I had a little discussion with Sean about "helping around the house." I didn't let him have it like you may think I did, but I did get my point across. After we finished dinner (which I made, naturally), I sweetly suggested that Sean finish unloading the dishwasher and then, maybe, he could start putting the dirty dishes in it. He was very sweet about it. He usually is, honestly. If I ask him to do something, he does it (however usually on his own, extremely slow, timeline).

As he was cheerfully unloading the dishwasher, he said: "Hey, look at me unloading the dishwasher! I haven't done this in a long time!" (Tone of genuine surprise, and pride at his helpfulness.)

I reply (in my head), "No shit, Sherlock. Who do you think has been doing it for the last couple of months? The dish fairy?" (Tone of extreme sarcasm.)

I reply (out loud), "Thanks for doing this, Sean. It's nice to clean up together since it's so much faster." Yes. I've learned long ago that the sarcastic comments don't really help my cause. Although, sometimes they are worth it.

Good luck with your slobby men!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, girl!!! Just catching up on my blog buddies and was so happy to find out you are expecting. Nothing better...in life.

    Although tonight...Whew, I think I would of given two of my three away! So much to look forward too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...