I have been a life-long lover of mac and cheese. The box variety was my first love, but as I got interested in cooking I learned how to make a pretty mean homemade version. I've since gotten it just right... and when you need something warm and gooey, nothing tops it.
This recipe is completely worth every penny (the cheeses get a little pricey) and every minute you spend tearing bread for the delicious, crusty topping. It's heaven on a plate.
I made it recently for a big family gathering (my brother requested mac and cheese, so I thought I'd try this "fancy" version since it was a special occasion). It was an instant family favorite. I will DEFINITELY make this again!
2. Barbeque Sauce on a Regular 'ol Sandwich

This idea comes from my coworker and friend, Emily. We had a team meeting last week, and she brought over some sandwich fixings for lunch. Next to the mayo and mustard was a bottle of barbeque sauce. She said she likes it on her sandwiches, so I gave it a go (I've seen her lovingly make school hamburgers look like a goumet meal, so I thought she might know what she's talking about).
It was incredible! I downed my sandwich, and had another one! The entire team was finished eating and I was making another sandwich!
She brought Sweet Baby Ray's sauce (SO on my grocery list) and Boar's Head meats (Em calls herself a "Boar's Head Purist"). I suggest the roast beef and turkey with white american cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, barbeque sauce, and pickles! AMAZING!
3. The Tudors
This series is not kid or family friendly. I would actually suggest watching this all by yourself as a guilty pleasure on a late night with a bowl of popcorn.
If you haven't heard of it, The Tudors is a Showtime series about Henry VIII, and all his wives. I've been facinated by the history of his reign ever since I caught a miniseries on PBS a couple of years ago. It's really a tumultous time in history, and this version is full of juiciness (by which I mean nudity, violence, greed, and just about everything you don't want your kids to see).
Not every episode is created equally, but all in all I've enjoyed watching both the first and second seasons. I get a little giddy when the Netflix envelope comes in the mail!

Can we get your amazing mac & cheese recipe? =)
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on your little peanut!
The link for the mac and cheese recipe is actually the headline... It doesn't really look like it! Sorry!
ReplyDelete