Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Not Working is Amazing

For those who feel teachers are not adequately compensated, I would just like to say "SUMMER VACATION." Would I take a larger paycheck- especially when I'm dealing with the same stinker and his parents over and over all year long... YES. But I honestly feel pretty darn lucky sitting here at my computer with my dog at my feet at 9:12 am on a Tuesday. No pressing agenda. No scary,long To-Do list.



I woke up around 7:30 and took Jet for a walk. When we got home, around 8:30, Jet got some water and I had a smoothie. The rest of my day looks pretty good too. I'm going to pull some weeds from our beds out front, then maybe do some yoga. I'll put a roast on for dinner later and possibly vaccum and sweep while it's cooking. We've got some family coming over for dinner tonight- and I don't have to rush to prepare. This is just amazing. I wonder if I can fit a nap in there somewhere?





New summer plan:



1. Wake up every morning and take Jet for a walk.

2. Keep house clean by doing a little every day.

3. Eat healthy.

4. Read a book all the way through.

5. Do a few projects around the house.

6. Rest and relax.





We have a couple of trips planned- to Dallas to visit the sweetest twin girls possibly ever born (and their parents of course), and to Wisconsin to visit my family. Other than that... we're going to take it easy! I love taking it easy. And I love not working!!

3 comments:

  1. When are you going to be in WI???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day!! =) Maybe I'll stop by with your family for that dinner, it sounds delicious and I haven't made anything, hehe! j/j!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day! I enjoy that kind of day so much. The summer break part of the teaching profession is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...