Thursday, May 14, 2009

Uterus- A+!!!

I had my HSG today and wonderful news- everything looks great! According to the radiologist, there is no scar tissue from my surgery, and both my tubes are open! (It feels so good to type that. I just let out a huge sigh.)

I was nervous about the procedure, but not nearly as crazy-nervous as I was about the surgery. I felt like I might cry as I laid down on the table, but I held it together. And it wasn't really that bad. As soon as they inserted the dye, it was actually pretty cool to watch and it distracted me from the cramping. After about 10 minutes, we were done!

I called Sean as I left the hospital parking lot, and told him the good news. He is never really that chatty over the phone, so I didn't expect a huge gushing of emotion. He seemed cool as a cucumber about it, but when he got home he gave me a hug that lasted 15 minutes and I knew he was relieved! He never really says what he's thinking when he's emotional- he just hugs! I got about three more bear hugs after that first monster hug! I know he's really excited.

I haven't gotten my "A-OK" to start trying again from Dr. Levin, but we're going to start anyway! I think the radiologist's report will say exactly what she told me in person, and I'm sure Dr. Levin will say to start! I'm leaving this slight detail out for Sean because he's such a rule follower that if he knew I was supposed to wait for Dr. Levin to give her blessing, he would say "wait". At this point in time, Sean knows everything looks good- and he's turned that into "A-OK" on his own... so I'm rolling with it. No need to be nit-picky. :)

Now, I feel crampy, but relieved. I feel really at peace about everything. I know it may still take several months to get pregnant and I'm prepared to be patient and trust that His timing is going to be perfect. I just feel really good about trying this time. (So good, in fact, that I just took my prenatal vitamins for the first time in over a month. I HATE swallowing big pills so I just kept putting it off. But now it feels like it could really happen so I better start taking them!)

When we began trying nearly a year ago, it didn't feel right. I felt like something was off. Woman's intuition? I'm glad I took the advice some of you gave me to see the doctor about my concerns. I'm amazed at how the little things that seem like trivial decisions that we make everyday lead us to where we need to be. It's so nice to know that He is in control, and I can just relax and trust in Him.

And so now, as far as I can see, my baby-making equipment is ready to go! I think Sean's feeling the pressure now, because he said, "Now we just have to hope I've got good swimmers." :)

6 comments:

  1. YAY!! I'm so glad to hear that!! Congrats and Good Luck!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know odds are even higher after an HSG (on top of your already awesome surgery results)?
    I am praying for you. So glad eveything went so well.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun 'trying'...

    I cannot wait until you are blessed with a baby...I bet it'll be a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoDee,
    I'm so excited for you! I'm praying for double blessing for you too! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...