Thursday, May 13, 2010

When do I catch a breath?

All in the past two weeks, we have had a birthday party, an engagement party, a crawfish boil, a Cinco de Mayo party, two Mother's Day parties, a wedding shower, and our weekly playdates!  And all the while Sean's been working a 12-hour night shift at work!  Whew!

Luckily, I've gotten pretty good at handling Carson on my own both at home and when we go out.  It seemed like such a juggling act at first, but now I'm pretty impressed at how quickly I can make decisions regarding what to pack, when to feed or pump, and how to make it all happen on time! And this from the world's most indecisive person!

It hasn't been fun feeling like a single parent, but Sean is really doing an important job.  He's working on one of the many teams who are trying to stop the oil leak in the gulf.  This makes him a little unpopular... unfortunately... but they are working so hard, I am really proud of how they are handling the situation.  For the next two weeks, Sean will be back on his regular day shift and then back to nights again.  Carson and I are enjoying having him back on his regular shift! Please say a prayer for the men and women who are working so hard to fix this devastating situation... and for the gulf and all its wildlife and the families who depend on it for their incomes.  I feel like we're holding our breath until this is all resolved.

And now for some pictures of all the fun we've been having...


From left to right... Karter, Jayce, Carson, Caroline, and Maci at our first playdate!  So funny!

I need to take some more pictures at our next playdate because these babies are growing up fast, and our group is expanding!  I have said it before, but I just can't say it enough... our Wednesday play group is awesome!  I LOVE everything about it! The kids are so cute and so fun, and the mommies are amazing friends.  I always look forward to it!



Me and Barbara on her birthday.  We had so much yummy wine and cheese, I can't wait for another reason to celebrate... do we even need one?!?  Let's just have more wine and cheese!! (By the way, can you tell this woman has twin girls?  Check out the bottles and high chairs! Ha!)

At Sarah and Nate's Cinco de Mayo party, I took this video of Carson laughing at my dear friend, Beth.  Of course, that's after I stared in disbelief and then wiped the tears from my eyes... precious!



Next up... Mother's Day!  Sometimes I still can't believe how blessed I am to have Carson in my life.  I find myself saying, "Sean!  This is OUR baby!"  It was a nice day, I only wish Sean could have been there.


Carson with Mommy and Grandma




Don't look too excited, Carson, really.




A bottle from Grandpa


Playing with Aunt Jenni


Cozy with Uncle Butch


It's a good thing Carson can't see Lisa's tattoo, because he'd be so scared! I'm scared! Ha!


Flying with Uncle Johnny




First dip in the pool!

My fourth grade teammates and I threw a wedding shower for our dear Emily.  She hates to be the center of attention, so we threw it "southern style" and didn't make her unwrap her gifts in front of everyone... and we had so much food it was a bit ridiculous!  It was so much fun to see all the girls and bring Carson up to school for a visit, even if he was cranky tired!



Meredith, Me, Beth, Melissa, Emily, and Sarah- the BEST team ever!  I'm glad summer vacation is only days away because I miss these girls and I'm going to make them hang out with me and Carson all summer long!



Getting a bottle from Miss Suzie.  So sweet!



Meredith and me with our babies, Eloise and Carson.  They are just two weeks apart!  It was so fun to go through our pregnancies together and now to watch our sweet babies grow up together!  She is so much fun and such a supportive friend... and so much tanner than I am!  I had no idea I was so pale! 

  I am so lucky to have been able to call all my teammates at school my close friends.  They're what I miss most about not teaching anymore. It's a good thing Carson keeps me so busy, or I'd really be upset!  Hopefully one day they'll take me back!




2 comments:

  1. JoDee, I love all the pictures! What fun! Carson (and all the Babies)look's so cute! He's getting so big, it breaks my heart that I cannot see him more often! You look amazing too! Great post baby body! Miss Sean in the pictures...you bet we're praying for him, and all!
    Love Aunt Stephie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the post! Quick question. Where did you get that adorable dress you were wearing to your friend's shower? I want it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...