Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Card Headaches!

So I wake up at 6:30 this morning and can't sleep at all. I decide to get up and get our Christmas card made and ordered. I know I've waited too long and should have ordered these, like a month ago. Well... I search online and after about 3o minutes I find a really cute, reasonably priced card that I love! I spend forever making it just right with our pictures (which are nowhere near as cute as the three precious child models that were shown in the sample) and then realize as I'm checking out that they will not be ready until way after Christmas. Poop.

So, the search begins again! I find a really nice site that sells (of course) a little higher priced cards than the other site, but they guarantee delivery by the 18th. I choose a card, personalize it and then... the internet craps out! Grrrrr!!! I spend about 30 minutes messing with it, and trying to reach my hunting husband for help.

When Sean gets home, he fixes it and I get back to work, and finally order the cards!! Now, as I sit annoyed with the whole experience, I realize that I just spent way too much time and money on silly cards with pictures of my dog on them. People are going to get this card and say, "Oh, it's those crazy dog people. They need to have kids already." Yes, we know.

I know that posting this is a total Christmas card spoiler for those of you who are going to recieve one in 8-10 days, but I spent so much time on this, I just have to get as much use out of it as possible! Merry Christmas, y'all!

4 comments:

  1. haha! Oh well, let Jet get all that attention before a baby comes! =) The card looks really cute! I haven't ordered ours either, I'm thinking I might just do a Happy New Year one since it's getting so late...we'll see! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card! Very cute! I'm with you Kristin. . .maybe a Happy New Year card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey JoDee! So nice to "meet" you on here! :) Your Christmas cards are just adorable and they make me feel extra guilty because I haven't even started mine yet! Haha! I think I'm kind of in Christmas denial this year.

    Jet is such a handsome pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny ! The preview card looks good. I see Kit Kat did not make the card this year though...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...