Sean and I spent 5 baby-free days in Grand Cayman last week. It was beautiful!
The view up and down the beach where we were staying, the Westin on Seven Mile Beach, was sooo pretty. We could basically just walk out the door of the hotel and onto this amazing stretch of beach. It was busy, but people watching was fun!
We did quite a bit of snorkeling while we were there. There were reefs right off the beach where we were staying, and we went on two sail trips. The first was to Stingray City. I spent a grand total of 45 seconds in the water there. Um. No. Definitely NOT for me. (Honestly, I was hanging on to Sean while this HUGE, MAMMOTH creature swam up to me and I started screaming "PUSH IT AWAY! PUSH IT AWAY!" while practically climbing up his back and the boat Captain shouts down to me, "Ma'am are you OK?" to which I reply, "NO! I'M FREAKING OUT!" I promptly got the hell out of there.)
Sean hung out a little while, but as you can tell from these photos the Captain of our boat took for us (everyone was really nice!) Sean was pushing those HUGE things away from him (seriously like 3 feet across, although when they're swimming at you they look about 6 feet across). They swim right up to your face. Your face. It was so not cool.
While Sean was swimming, I was getting a drink.
In the picture above, a crew member is holding a stingray while Sean pets it. Gross.
The other sail trip took us to the Kittiwake, which is a sunken US submarine. It was purposely sunk in January this year and so there wasn't lots of marine life there yet, but it was pretty neat to snorkel around a sunken ship!
I almost didn't get in at the second stop because I saw a huge fish right next to me as soon as I got in the water. I started climbing back up the ladder when this random lady (she was with the "party crew" on the boat that day) started heckling me! Being called a "wuss" was apparently all it took to get me back in the water. I'm glad I did because I didn't see any other huge fish and it was the prettiest reef we had seen yet.
We went out for a few romantic dinners while we were there... the coolest was a place called Casanova's where we basically sat right on the water. (Sean literally asked the host to seat us at the "best table in the house." I was so embarrassed, but glad we had such a cool table!)
We got to watch the sunset, which was really pretty. Our waiter took a few pictures for us. Seriously, everyone was sooo nice!
We spent an afternoon walking around Georgetown, which was fun. Full of souvenir shops and restaurants because that's where all the cruise ships dock for the day.
We had lunch down there and of course, a big fruity drink. No vacation is complete without the fruity drink.
Other than that... we did a lot of this...
It was much harder to leave Carson than I thought it would be. I cried a few times, and not just when we were leaving. I really, really missed him while we were gone. But I will say that I am glad we went! I came back relaxed, tan, and more in love with my little family than ever. I realized just how much I love being a mom. It was a great trip, and I am happy to be home.

I am so jealous! What a gorgeous trip. I am so glad you guys had the opportunity to do that. As parents, we really tend to let those romantic trips fall by the wayside and we SHOULD NOT. The best thing you guys can ever do for your son is love each other.
ReplyDeletePS-YOU LOOK FAB!
xoxo
I love the pics of yall at sunset! You look gorgeous!! So glad yall had such a great time, it looks like a blast! I hope you came back pregnant, hehehehe!!! ;) Miss you and can't wait to see you soon!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like an awesome trip! I've been to stingray city. I even kissed the stingrays!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Sounds like it was a blast. And looks like you got an awesome tan! Though I am totally with you on not snorkeling with stingrays on your face.
ReplyDelete