Our family and close friends have known for quite a while, and it was starting to get really hard for them to keep it quiet! People were spilling it all over the place (Beth) but it was time anyway! I feel really ready for the world to know!
So, let me answer the Most Frequently Asked Questions about my pregnancy:
1. How are you feeling?
Great! I'm feeling wonderful! I feel a little disbelief at how a baby is actually going to result from a blue plus sign on a plastic stick... I'm excited! So is Sean- he keeps giving me huge bear hugs!
2. Have you gotten morning sickness at all?
No, not really. I had a few moments in the first month or so that I would get a little queasy if I was getting too hungry, but after a little snack, I felt fine. The last week or two, that's been a total non issue. Now, when I get hungry, I MUST EAT NOW!!!! I get pretty freaking pissed off, or begin to cry, if I have to be hungry for longer than, say, 5 minutes.
3. Have you been tired?
Yes! Since it's been summer vacation for me, I have had the luxury of napping whenever I feel like it (usually after I wake up and take a walk) but the last few days of trainings and working in my classroom have worn me out! I hope I pick up a little energy as my second trimester is beginning now... fingers crossed!
4. Are you starting to show yet?
Well... Sean and I notice a belly for sure, but the general population would probably say, "No," I'm not really showing yet. My clothes are getting tight- that's for sure. None of my shorts will button. And that sucks in 105 degree weather. I am really wary of buying too many clothes right now, as I have no idea what I'll look like in the next couple of weeks. My plan is to wait until it's close to back to school (three weeks) and then I'll buy some things I can wear to work- since looking a little goofy in pants held together by a rubber band is much less socially acceptable at work than it is while lounging around my house and running to Randall's.
5. Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? Will you find out what it is before it's born?
We are hoping for either a boy or a girl- not both or a combination- as long as it's healthy- we're happy! We will DEFINITELY find out what it is as soon as possible! (Going to take the new pee test soon... had to wait because I was on progesterone due to my recent surgery- doctor says everything looked great, no scar tissue or anything, she just wanted to be on the safe side) I think that it will all feel much more real to me if we know, and can give him/her a name. I think Sean would like a baby boy, and I am feeling torn between the two... we'll be happy either way. What do I think it is? Have I been dreaming? Do I have a "feeling?" (Also much asked questions) I think it's a boy. I haven't been dreaming about boy babies, just think it is. Don't know why.
(On a side note: I think it's pretty funny when people get so passionate about what they think I'm having. It's a 50-50 chance. Your odds are pretty much set. Half of you will be right, and half will be wrong- despite your dreams and energy readings.)
And now, for the questions I have been asking for the last couple of months:
1. How am I going to keep myself from getting majorly fat?
This freaks me out. I KNOW, I KNOW, I'm pregnant and I'm going to gain weight. I'm perfectly happy gaining weight- that's not the same thing as getting FAT. You know what I mean- I don't want my ass to multiply and to have tree-trunk legs just because I have a baby belly. My plan? Try to eat as healthy as I can without being obsessive, and get exercise at least 5 days a week. Am I meeting these goals... almost. Will keep trying...
2. Why does Chick-fil-a taste like heaven?
Oh, Chick-fil-a, your chicken nuggets and chicken biscuits have me weak at the knees. I love you. I loooove you!!!! I've loved you since high school, but only now have I realized the deep, passionate infatuation I have for you! (Don't you feel left out chocolate, or pasta, or JUST ABOUT ANY FOOD PRODUCT OUT THERE! I love you all- just the smell of cheese melting, or the sight of some french fries on a McDonald's commercial get my head spinning. Food tastes so good. I love food. And, I'm supposed to try not to gain more than 25-30 pounds. This is torture.)
3. Is everything going to be OK?
Am I going to be a good mom? Will I make it through this pregnancy without any serious issues? How is our life going to change? I could just keep on going... it's all just so HUGE. This is a HUGE LIFE CHANGING EVENT! It's like looking forward to your wedding day. You know it's one of the biggest choices you're making in your life- and it's so HUGE- and when it's finally arrived- you can't believe it's actually here! That's how I feel right now. Am I actually pregnant? Is what I looked forward to for so long actually happening right now? We're really going to be parents? It's so unreal. It's also so amazing

After I took one test on my own that had the slightest little blue line you've ever seen (or did we imagine it?), we took this next test at three in the morning! We read that you should do it first thing in the morning... well I woke up at 3 and had to go! So, we decided to go for it right then. As you can see... pregnant!

Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, JoDee!!! How exciting and wonderful! :)
ReplyDeleteOH.MY.GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JoDee, I am sooooo excited for you and Sean!!!!!! I can't wait to hear more about this sweet little baby!!! Seriously, I am so, so happy for you! Keep updating your blog please!!!!
ReplyDeleteYEAH JODEE!! I am so excited for you! I was wondering if you were because you were mysteriously vacant the past few weeks. I'm so glad for you! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWhat a hard, but absolutely wonderful secret to keep!!! I'm so happy for you and Sean. . .can't wait to meet Baby Hale!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! =)
ReplyDeleteCongrats, I am so happy for you guys! Now Berklie will have another friend to play with when you come to Dallas! Yippee - so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteIt makes me smile uncontrollably to read this [finally] :) I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! See you Thursday!!
ReplyDeleteSarah